Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Readin Blog WK-6

Monday 28th August 2017

Black Ferns vs England -Article
WALT: Current Event Summary. and kiwikids News.
S.C:Current event Summary .and Kiwikids news.

My task was to read a news artcile and reflect on it on a "Current Event Summary" activity. I found this simple and easy because I did a article that I enjoyed reading and filled out the activity sheet fast. I didn't find anything challenging apart from asnwering questions that started with "How did this happen" or "WHy did this happen". I also did read Theory where I had to read a piece of text and answer questions about it.

Tuesday
WALT: Making Connections
S.C: Making Connections to SELF,TEXT and WORLD.

This task was pretty straight forward, My news Article was about Hurricane harvey hitting Texas in the United States. My activity was to make connections to the story and wirte down things that it reminded me of or things similar to the siituation.
Wednesday
WALT: Into the book-Visualizing,Questioning,Summarise,Inferring,Make Connections,Synthesizing,Prior Knowledge,Evaluating,
S.C: Use the clues in all of these "Reading strategies"
Today my task was to use all of those reading strategies ^ in one question and I had to explian my answer and some clues I found in the question. My task was to fill in gaps about a "Circus" and what ever you use to fill the gaps has to go along with the story.
Thursday 
WALT: Reciprocal Reading
S.C:-Predict what the story is about by using headings/pictures
-Ask questions about the text-
Clarify anything you have read that you don’t understand
-Summarise what the text was about
This session was veryyy DIFFICULT because I didn't undetstand the story that much and I couldnt visulize what it was about because it was part of my job to. But it was a very interseting story because it had a different to structure to most storys i've read in the past. My next steps is probably to read the story and ask questions to my group when I need help.




No comments:

Post a Comment