Pages

Friday, August 11, 2017

Maths Blog

Monday:

WALT: Recongnise halves, quaters , tenths and hundreths as decimals and percentages.
S:C: Common Fractions.

I kind of got what this activity was ...So I understood the questions that started with "What is 3/10 in Percentage" and also questions that asked me to "Match a fraction with its Decimal Equilavent.
I found the common frations in most of these questions .And the easiest question for was to answer what is "3/10" in a percentage because all i had to do was multiply the 2 together and your answer would be "30%"




Tuesday
WALT: Finding how many triangles are needed to make a certain shape. Also finding a fraction of a area.
S.C: Trying to find how many triangles are needed and also finding out how to find the fraction of an area basically.
Today I did a task that involved me trying to find how many trianlges are needed to make a certain shape.To do this I had to draw triangles on the shapes so I could find my answer that way, and successfully it worked.Now it was on to trying to find a fraction of area: When I tried the first timeI didn't really get the point of finding the proper fraction of the area.  But I think to do this process you have to multiply the Width and the height. 
Wednesday
WALT: Using Geometry words in direction's
S.C: Is to use Geometry words and tell directions by using the cardinal points.(For Me)
This task was fun and easy,because I knew the cardinal points off by heart and this made it easier for me.Also the other task was trying to work out what "1/4 and 1/2" turns were..and I also leanr something new which was finding out the difference between "Anticlockwise" and "Clockise" was. The differences between these 2 was that "Clockwise" turns the way as a clock .So you just have to imagine a clock and which way it's going. "Anticlockwise" is just exactly like "Clockwise" BUT going the oppisite way. 
I would that I did reach my Success Criteria because I found out some new wrods I could use in my maths and I used the cardianl points to answer questions . 
Thursday
WALT: Tell between Parallel and Perpendicular.
S.C: Is know about Perpendicualr and Parallel
Today's Task was like explaining Objects that have Perpendicular or Parallel lines on them.Also had to write down where the Perpendicular lines were and where the Parallel lines are aswell.
Friday
WALT: Order Decimals & Fractions.
S.C: Put a list of Fractions and Decimals in Order.
When it comes to wroking out fractions is a bit of a struggle because in this task I had to the find the 
"Greatest" between 2 fractions. Also When it comes to Decimals I have fun because I get to extend my learning  in Decimals and i find that I learn more in Decimals then in any other Subject based underneth Maths.I'll say that I did put the list of fractions and decimals in order even though it took me like 3-5 tries.



No comments:

Post a Comment